Bannari Amman temple is one of the most famous Amman temples in Tamilnadu and it is in Bannari on NH 209,near Sathyamangalam, Erode district. Main deity is goddess Mariamman. Roughly every village in the Kongu region of Tamil Nadu has a Mariamman temple.
“PEACE COMES FROM WITHIN, DO NOT SEEK IT WITHOUT”
- The biggest is the 20 day Panguni kundam festival of walking on the fire pit drawing a crowd of over five lakhs. The temple is crowded on special days as new moon days, Tuesday and Fridays. Deepavali in October-November, Pongal falling almost on January 14, Tamil and English New Year days are also celebrated in the temple.
- On Thursdays, they will perform a yellow water pooja and the people belonging to the temple will donate food for needy. On the same day they will perform a special Abhishegam and pooja for God.
- A golden rath of 9.8’height is designed for Goddness Bannari Amman and from 1stmay 2006 the rath is used for veethi ula.
- Friday evening will be done for Thiruvilakku pooja. On this occasion lots of women will praise the Amman.
- On Monday, the 8thday of kundam festival will be held. Sunday night it will have to decorate God with golden armor, priceless ornaments and flower garlands and decorate them. Then the special Abhishegam will be done.
The temple is facing west. Instead of sacred ashes-vibhuti, sand of the anti-hill is offered as prasatham. The deity is a Swayambumurthi.
- Morning 6.00 am to 12.00 am
- Evening 4.00 pm to 9.00 pm
- Kalasandi Pooja – 05.30 A.M
- Ucchi Kala Pooja – 11:30 A.M
- Saiyarachi Pooja – 05:30 A.M
- Arthajamam Pooja – 08.30 P.M
SPOTS TO VIEW
- Bhavanisagar Dam: It is on the Bhavani River is the mainstay of agrarian life in and around Sathyamangalam. Touring its vicinity and boating on the dam’s reservoir is a great way to spend a day.
- Arakkankottai & Thadampalli Canals: These canals worth a drive-through for the scenic roads and lovely natural contours of the land surrounding these canals.
- Kodiveri Waterfalls & Dam:This is a most interesting spot. It is around 13 km from Sathyamangalam town. A lovely shallow, calm bit of river here invites everyone to take a tip. Hire one of the round cane boats to have fun on its placid current or simply laze in the sun soaking up the goodness of nature.
- Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve:It is an important corridor for elephant movement and also offers opportunities to catch glimpses of several majestic animals such as gaur, leopard, tiger, deer and several species of birds.
Do not venture out alone in forested areas at night as not only are they infested with wild animals, but also poachers and other unsavory characters.
“PEACE IS TEMPLE OF MIND
LOVE IS TEMPLE OF HEART”.